Chin Wing Osteotomy/Osteotomia Chin Wing

« Older   Newer »

1. Faceanalyzer

User deleted

L'osteotomia "chin wing" è una tecnica chirurgica pressochè nuova (2009) che consente di modificare il terzo inferiore in tutte le sue dimensioni:

Si può modificare l'angolo della mandibola, l'ampiezza e la lunghezza del mento, le asimmetrie, la proiezione sagittale etc. etc.

Il taglio viene fatto nel bordo inferiore della mandibola e non incide assolutamente con occlusione e denti, pertanto non c'è bisogno di nessuna fase preoperatoria!

--------

The Chin Wing osteotomy is a relatively new surgical technique that allows to change the inferior third of the face in all of it's dimensions:

The jaw angle may be widened and lowered, the chin itself may be widened, shortened or lengthened, asymmetries may be addressed and the sagittal projection of the mandible may be increased.

The "cuts" are made in the inferior border of the mandible and has nothing to do with occlusion, therefore there is no need for orthodontic treatment!

Edited by PatrickB - 14/4/2015, 22:52
    Attached Image
    chin wing

Group

Status
    A detta di vari ortodontisti presento un'occlusione perfetta, tuttavia la mia mascella è leggermente asimmetrica, più larga a sinistra (qualcosa di impercettibile).
    Siccome dovrei comunque fare una chin wing questo intervento è in grado di risolvere questa lieve asimmetria oltre a rendere più grande la mascella e avanzare il mento?
    In tutti i casi (e quindi direzioni) si tratta al massimo di mm.

3. B94

User deleted

genericamente sì, allargando la mandibola più dal lato carente che dall'altro.

4. Michael_97

User deleted

Questo intervento è effettuato anche in italia?

5. Ugo Ganker Alfieri

User deleted

Sarebbe la mia salvezza avessi palle di farlo. Costi? In che modo si modificano gli angoli mandibolari? Non c'è bisogno di protesi?

6. Faceanalyzer

User deleted

i costi dipendono da dove si fa....
    Io ho consultato per questo intervento 3 chirurghi, in svizzera, germania, italia.

In svizzera costi quasi proibitivi, in germania siamo sugli 8 mila in italia sui 5/6.

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    è vero che con il passare del tempo l'osso (chin wing) viene riassorbito? Oppure mi sbaglio?

8. Faceanalyzer

User deleted

QUOTE (babyassface @ 4/1/2017, 15:47) 
    è vero che con il passare del tempo l'osso (chin wing) viene riassorbito? Oppure mi sbaglio?

l'innesto osso messo come onlay viene riassorbito molto spesso.

quello messo tra osso e osso no.

Amministratore

Group
    Founder

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (Mavenes @ 11/1/2017, 18:58) 
    Non ho ben capito come funziona, ti mettono una protesi oppure proprio ti spostano le ossa e te le fanno più squadrate?

In Italia c'è qualcuno che lo fa?

Si, in italia ci sta chi fa questa operazione. Senza protesi, al limite innesto osseo.

10. ppsk

User deleted

andreanersani

could you please tell me some surgeons in italy who perform this procedure?

la prego di dirmi i nomi di alcuni chirurghi in Italia che svolgono questa procedura?

Amministratore

Group
    Founder

Status
    Anonymous
    Hi Ppsk!

Consider this surgery is more common than people believe. Triaca "rebranded" it successfully by calling it "chin wing" but to put it simply it is an osteotomy of the Lower border of the mandible that does not affect occlusion.

Surgeons to this differently, in Italy for example Marianetti may use this technique in combination with medpor implants to enhance in a 3 dimensional way your lower third.

Sliding the lower third with this osteotomy will infact render the augmentation of the angles very difficult.

If you do not want to have a "two step approach" and you must augment your mandible in all the directions, it makes sense to use the combination approach that smooths the contours and creates the ideal size and shape for implant placement and also does not require implants in the chin.

The other option is to first focus on Sagittal projection then on the jaw angles and other issues. In that case (unpredictable) results may be achieved. However you would need bone grafts, resorption is unpredictable. Yet, it is possible to have a good result.

I hope everything is clear!

Sorry for my English. And by the way, welcome to the forum!

12. ppsk

User deleted

Thank you for the detailed response andreanersani! and your English is very, very good by the way

I was advised to pursue bimax ccw with chin wings or implants, I am just trying decide what is the best method of addressing the jaw angles after or even with the bimax. I feel like my gonials flare "inwards" rather than outwards so to speak.

Group

Status
    Ma il post surgery com'è? E' tanto doloroso come il bimascellare oppure è fattibile? Quanto ci mette il viso a sgonfiarsi?

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Mavenes sei una fichetta.. si vede che non semti il peso della bruttezza. O la surgery o la morte

15. Andre9605

User deleted

Qoto babyass nulla è più doloroso della bruttezza.

29 replies since 16/10/2014, 17:41   2871 views